Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday, August 30, 2013
via: sarah-venom

During one of the rare afternoons that I had plenty of time to myself. I found myself perched on a chair; perhaps immune to the bustling around me, absorbed in the quiet sanctuary within my own head. 

It occurred to me that instead of happily singing along to certain songs, to actually hum the lyrics and let them digest - to try to empathize with the songwriter. It's not something that I'm akin to doing; as I tend to be as detached from most of the songs that I listen to, only because I have never been in the same position. 

Then I thought about one of my favourite songs to date. "All I Want" by Kodaline. It just happens to be one of those songs that can get a tear or two out of me when I'm having a rough day. I figured if I could really analyze its contents and really really really put myself out there to dare to feel as much as Steve felt when he wrote it. 

"You took my soul and wiped it clean."
"But if you loved me, 
why'd you leave me?
Take my body.
Take my body."


He'd felt so much. 

Something that I haven't dared to do. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014