Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Book Geek Quote #246
source: bookgeekconfessions

I figured days feel longer when they're more of a chore than an enjoyment. My type of holidays are productive ones - although I'm fervently attracted to those; I can't help it if I don't fully abide by it. Waking up early, taking my sweet time in the kitchen, fixing breakfast I usually skip - paying more attention to the things around me. 

I just wanted to take a short moment off heavy thoughts for a bit to note my complacency. While I sit back in a little pot of envy over how fortunate my brother is to be able to travel down to Singapore on his lonesome, right before a BIG family holiday; I might mention, while I have an internal battle on whether to be an adventuress this holiday or to be quite the home bug. 

Home bug it is - 

source:sweetnovember19

I shall slowly work my way through a pile of books I've laid aside for the very occasion, genres that dig through history, politics and adventure all the same. I guess I should count in the Wattpad stories that I've planned to read too, just to make myself feel like some bookish person - Wattpad in my opinion is one of the best reading apps available. I can't say that all the stories are read-worthy, but when you find the gem amongst the millions of other books, one ought to read them. I find Wattpad exceptionally useful to soothe my Romance/Supernatural book cravings; otherwise, I tend to prefer my books in hardware. 

Of course, what holiday is complete without music? 

source: ohyoucrawledoutofthesea

I used to be "passionate" about music. Playing, listening...whatever it was, I just had to be around music all the time, err'day. Then I went through this phase where I couldn't deal with noise, couldn't take the pressure of being around sounds - I surrounded myself in silence instead. But...given how I've seemingly made progress out of that morbid and dark stage, I've made up a list of playlists to go through - trying to fit in as much music as I can this holiday. I seem to be partially over my EDM craze and am going through a mix breed of house and folk music. Also, thank God for music databases - free scores! So it's going to be plenty of sitting at the piano, moving around with my earphones and making up more lists of songs to hunt down. 

Furthermore, what type of girl would I be like if I didn't know how to cook?

I've taken this break as an opportunity to domesticate myself (insert cynical "ha ha"). Given how many times I've heard of students going abroad only to call home desperately asking for homemade recipes from their respective mothers; that prospect of not being able to cook or manage one's meals is enough to terrify me. So it would only be appropriate to learn. With a whole world of dishes and desserts to grace the dinner table, I think I'll be having some fun in the kitchen - minus the time I'll be exposed to bloody bubbling oil. 
via:exodus-honeyy

To top those of, there's still a list of movies to watch; places to go, people to meet and things to do....oh but I won't bore you. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014