Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday, August 13, 2013
I've been pretty preoccupied lately with plenty of outstanding things to settle prior to leaving on a one-week family trip to Indonesia. Sometimes, I feel that we just don't travel enough. I'm not kidding. 

With brownies, playlists, books, bars, cars, appointments, coffee runs, sleepovers, lunch dates and more curiously dinner dates out of the way; some still to be met on the calendar - I still have yet to satisfy my primary concern to drive downtown and get a fast view of the city on the other side of my camera lens. So much for trying to keep up with a photo-a-day challenge. 

The month of August certainly brings many more unpleasant memories to a close - like a beheaded chapter. It's the end of summer, and the onslaught of autumn is oncoming. I simply can't wait for the cool breeze to wrap up around me. 

When it comes to welcoming a new month, I'm almost at a total loss. I feel far too often for time; much more than I would like to be concerned with. Sometimes, I forget I'm supposed to grow up and I feel like a child far too much to my liking. Other times, I swear; I grow up too fast and I can't believe the person staring back at me in the mirror is not a girl - but a young woman. 

via:rosy-bouquet

Another year's almost coming to an end. I'll be hitting the big 19 in a couple of months. It's only another painful reminder of a year gone by, I'm coming to an end with my teen. Angst and misunderstanding is no longer going to be a reasonable excuse for misbehaving. I'd be expected to act like an adult. 

I suppose what really gets to me is that the fact that I have far too many epiphanies. What worries me a lot is the notion that in possible 5-10 years time I could be sitting in a spot, 1000 miles away from home, with a friend, lover, husband or even child. I know I think too far ahead. But the future just seems so daunting - too daunting in fact; because I do not know what it holds. 

I haven't been feeling very well the past day or so and this morning wasn't exactly the best welcome to the day either. But I get great news - and I believe it's enough opportunity to celebrate with a glass of wine over dinner. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014