Having gone to bed at an ungodly hour this morning, I found myself rather (naturally) sleeping through my alarm until half past 11am. Feeling as if half my morning was wasted catching up on pointless sleep, I dragged my sorry ass into the car and made my sister come along for a library run - a rather obligated run.

source: weheartit.com/entry/71668252/via/IGottaBeMyself
Don't misunderstand, on a normal day, I'd jump at the opportunity to go to the library and surround myself with the silence of a thousand worlds, my ears plugged up with the music of my choice. However, given how I was in such a grumpy mood this morning, I really wasn't in the mood to be going out of the house.
Enduring a perplexingly aggravated drive to the library, I got us there in 6 minutes only to find the blood doors bolted with a freaking lock on the gate. Really, now? It's the second time this week making a pointless trip to the library.
Not many people really regard reading as an important culture to nurture - it's the only way to go anywhere, experience anything, feel, remember anything - from where we are.
So I really regret having to live in a country where reading is not cultivated or taken seriously. Where the libraries do not permit people non-members to stay more than an hour and frown upon clothing that exposes skin or even "clings to the body"; I'm not even referring to tube tops or mini skirts - but short sleeves and jeans. Pathetic! One might as well turn up naked.
Oh, I am frustrated - it's another library trip put off.
No comments:
Post a Comment