
via:sweetyalady
Quiet days are the best days, really. Even though today started off far from quiet; it did gradually get better. College has been such a hectic war-zone as of late. I find myself over-sleeping many a time in the mornings; rushing past breakfast without my usual coffee fix. So by the time 10am rolls in, I'm as grouchy and jumpy as a disgruntled guinea pig. Then work beckons, the duo that we have been all semester gear ourselves up and settle in a quiet desk area to work on our looming assignments. We laugh and work; yet there's something missing. We crave coffee and sticks.
By the time lunchtime rolls in, we're in a slightly less sour mood. We make our way through the cafeteria to this little side area. And it's there that the rest of the day is made. Company's good; laughs are great and anecdotes shared. Those are the only minutes in college that put a smile on my face.
I like meeting new people and the feeling of not being tied down. But lately, I've been confused with my own feelings that just seem to spiral in every direction. Emotional haywire-ness - checked!
Countdown to finishing the pack. I need to keep myself in more check.
While talking to my bestie just yesterday, he put me up against several things that need to be taken into consideration. So I'm off now to get a good workout, followed by finishing up my assignments with a steaming mug of coffee. And finishing the day by snuggling with my journal and sketchbook and yet another steaming mug of coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment