Monday, July 1, 2013

Strangers in a Land of Hope.

Monday, July 1, 2013
via: stringersifinoasentireleossa

So yesterday we got into a huge tiff. It was one of those arguments where despite being so frustrated, provoked and aggravated, none of us would raise our voices. The tone set was one of killing calm. It was also public. It's never been public. But then again, we've never had that conversation anywhere else before. 

So when she asked me what was wrong, I couldn't answer her. I couldn't face her. I couldn't, just couldn't look anywhere her eyes could see. My eyes were stinging and I tried to open them wider. But moist cheeks don't go unnoticed easily. Wiping them off, I left her questions unanswered. 

When she told me to talk to somebody, I wanted to yell. I wanted to scream. It's not that I don't want to talk to somebody, I just don't want to talk to the people she wants me to talk to. I don't want to open up to them. 

And most importantly; I don't know what's wrong. I just know I'm all out of place. I'm always out of place. And no matter where I go, I'll always be alone, regardless of whether or not there are people around me who care. Because let's face it, sometimes we don't understand what we feel, but we're well aware that what we're feeling is abnormal. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014