Saturday, July 27, 2013

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

via: seltaire

I get how majority of teenagers don't spend much of their Saturdays at home, or in the kitchen. Neither do I. I must laugh here; it seems my finals have domesticated me. I have constantly been told I need to prep myself for living abroad/independently countless of times - mostly from my mother and brother though. After all, according to them, 'no man wants a woman who can't cook.' 

Well, since I had had enough of staring at my lecture notes, drinking countless cups of coffee and listening to repetitions of Abe Vigoda and Toro Y Moi, I figured I might as well be a dutiful daughter for a day and make everyone dinner. And thumbs up to yours truly, I managed making my entire family pasta for dinner without burning or setting anything on fire. 

Anyone who knows me know I have a morbid fear of fire and oil. More of the heat and the prospect of pain. But ever since the ....you get the drift, fire has been less daunting. 

So while I cuddle up in my bed once more and reminisce over how soon my finals are coming to an end; and how, I will be set free once more - my soul is on fire. 



No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014