Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"are you alright?"

Tuesday, April 7, 2015
So, if you must know; the week has been beautifully pleasant thus far; and it only seems to be getting better.

I've been working hard and mad to meet all the deadlines on the remaining assignments. A part of me is wondering why I'm bothered to go through with such unnecessary trivialities when my absence next semester has already been confirmed, but the answer is: I simply cannot leave it unfinished. 

If you know me well enough, I cannot leave something hanging. I cannot leave something un-turned without closure. Because I need the peace that accompanies it. 

Uncharacteristic of me, I've been getting up to a lot of mischief lately. And riding on highs and lows of an emotional rollercoaster. I believe in many things that are not often correct or true; and being stubborn bruises your ego and your mind when one is proved wrong. 

It was at 3.23am on a Tuesday morning when I found myself feeling at an extreme low. The lowest of lows that I have felt in months. So low I didn't even see a way out. Naturally, E noticed the dip in my tone. 

"Are you alright?" He asked. 

Those 3 words had a magical effect. I wasn't. I wasn't even close to being alright. I was going through a fraction of a life's crisis. All at 3.23am. But I knew then and there that it would be alright. Everything will be alright. 

One day, you'll wake up next to the person you love the most in the world. You'll make pancakes for breakfast and you'll know that everything is alright. 

But for now, pushing through this high and low both is rewarding in itself. And it is such a blessing to feel free and liberated. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014