Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday, May 20, 2013
Apparently I'm still getting readers on this blog. That put a smile on my face, considering how I've been in such a foul mood lately. By foul, I don't mean temperamental; but somewhat along the lines of a general satisfaction towards being silent, not needing to talk. I constantly seek to wrap myself up in my thoughts and feelings, I just shut out the rest of the world as if they don't exist. It stirs me up emotionally sometimes, I'm not really sure why either. 


source: worldoftheinfamous

So recently, it struck me at how some things are commercialized because the general public has developed fetishes towards it. I find that rather...daunting. That the world changes so tremendously over a few people's perceptions of what's "in" and what's not. 

A familiar example would be the sudden obsession of dream catchers. Even I have one. I've always thought they were pretty, since I saw them hanging in a tribal shop in a mall umpteen years ago (before they became popular). And then I was fascinated by the degree of how the dream catcher was regarded as a sacred object. Part of the native American Indian culture, whereby the dream catchers were to be hung above one's bed and protect people from nightmares.

I've had a problem with nightmares for a pretty long time. And I still do have the occasional one, but I guess the dream catcher's only just a symbol. Still, popular culture calls for people to sort-of idolize it. 

Anyway, I'm off to write my script on a complex human relationship. BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH may I have a good week ahead. Semester break's next week and I'm just dying so so so so much to be released. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014