Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday, January 5, 2013

source:starsneedsdarknesstoshine

I used to think I was an extrovert. Back when I actually cared, I'd talk a lot. I'd say a lot of unnecessary stuff that made everyone else happy. I guess it made me happy too. 

These years, I revel in overwhelming silence. I bask in the quietness of my own mind, I think it's quiet. It's peaceful. A sanctuary - a getaway from reality. It's dangerous, you know. Sometimes, I feel myself slipping into it's abyss or the void I've unconsciously created. So much so that I forget to speak, that I don't need to talk - that I live in silence. 

It's a beautiful thing - the mind. At the same time, it's destructive. I wage internal battles with myself and I fuss over trivial things just because my mind tells me it's important. How wrong I can be sometimes. But it's the one place I'll lock myself into and revert back to my silent reverie. Life can be so overwhelming sometimes, all the time. 



source:sqeleton

Because it's my battle, let me fight it alone. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014