As I was struck near-frozen today by the Utah cold, it suddenly occurred to me how blessed I have been.
The opportunity to see the States is overwhelming and although i have experienced various aspects of the American culture and lifetsyle, i wouldn't want too reside here just yet. America is wonderful, a country where their people are proud of their own accomplishments as much as they are of their diversity. I'd love to live in New York one day, something so riveting about the urban lifestyle that entices me.
Also, I've constantly prided myself on being organized, systematic and planned. i cannot stand chaos, absolutely. But lately and more accurately, during this trip, i've been such a klutz, misplacing my stuff and getting lost more enough than often. Thankfully, things have worked out miraculously. Thank God.
Furthermore, it is also a moment of discovery and realization. I think I've found how time supposedly heals all wounds, simultaneously like how absence makes the heart fonder, how absolutely complex i sound occasionally even to myself, a birdseye comparison of the american teen vs. malaysian teen (character-wise), the importance of art and culture in one's lifestyle, fickleness of perceptions, living out lies, quality of life and the thoughts of an adventuress.
Yet, once again, I've come to notice that it's an meaningless and empty existence we try to fill up and fulfil.
No comments:
Post a Comment