Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday, December 29, 2012
At long last, this day has finally arrived, but I still feel a little dissatisfied with the way things are turning out now. Stuck in an airport for the night because my mum felt it was appropriate that my brother and I make a headstart first by train with the heaviest luggages. The worst part is, we agreed to it and we now regret. How ironically funny it is. But oh not to worry, we've got only about another 14 hours to wait...alone. It's almost comical to recall just how much we struggled to get here, who we saw and met on the subway and how I (critically) got myself a luggage cut - just like a paper cut. Hurts like shit though. 

I keep telling myself, I'll pull through the night, but its only freaking 8.30pm. Let the stern staredown from all airport scurity commence. 

Being here has taught me an awful lot of survival, nonchalance and has stirred a lust for travel and a dventure. 

I just realized there's something that I have to point out about a wandress - more specifically a person with a love of wandering, travel and nomadic emotions. 

A wandress' heart has no home. She lives and breathes discomfort, roughing it out on the shores of everything unfamiliar, basking in how alien it all feels. She feels at peace there. A wandress, she'll never fully love a man. It's not that she's incapable of it; but it's because in between her love for a man and her love for wandering, she will always pick the latter. It's not that it doesn't hurt her in losing her man, but it's because in comparison, if she loses her freedom to wander, the void within her gapes at  her hearstrings painfully. She can and she will love, but a wanderer at heart stays a wanderer for good.

The wandering I refer to is completely about a person who is nomadic and prefers to spend their lives living sporadically and on the individualistic track. It's all about independence and a line of distinction that classifies them as somewhat constantly in motion. 

I am not a wanderer, by the way...just thought I'd clarify. But three weeks here, I'm lo sing my ability to actually care anymore.Homebound now.  

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014