via the-absolute-best-posts
Yes, yes, yes. We've all been there and done that. It still doesn't seem to work too well for any of us. Why? Because it's going to keep happening, and we're just going to allow it to happen.
So when you specifically show up and you want to talk to me. At least stick around and try to finish your sentence. I don't really appreciate being left hanging; and I try not to do it where I can help it. I understand where you're coming from and where I'm headed to; but when you start something, you should stick around to finish it.
--
I spent half my day at college in the library; pacing about, reciting anagrams and comparing notes. It's pretty last minute; but when you're in a working mood, it'll suffice. And it was helpful too, preferably if you have the right study partner. And if your study partner's an amazing friend as well; who doesn't ask questions he knows you won't answer; who doesn't push his way into your life. That's a good study partner everybody needs to have, especially when you're going to be spending so much time together over the course of the next year and a half.
"I'm game," I told her; as we talked over lunch, "Game enough to want to go headlong into this."
"Shit", she said, "I didn't know you had the guts to."
--
And just as the battle is looming large; when everyone's anticipating the opening of the doors; you get this creepy, tingly, chilly sensation that you're being watched. And when you turn around; you meet with not one pair, but several pairs of eyes; from several directions.
And you go, oh shit. How the heck am I supposed to concentrate in this exam?
Especially if you're sandwiched between a ninja and a stoner, who has the faultiest of faulty tendencies to turn around; constantly assuming you're his buddy - so he can chuckle at something that appears funny.
I wasn't even aware our class was that large! Goes to show how often more than half of them skip the lectures.

No comments:
Post a Comment