Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday, August 18, 2012

source: headlikeanorange

I can't even look at it without sighing or saying something ridiculously unsuitable. 

I apologize sincerely for the lack of updates. It would seem that term break hasn't been as leisurely as I pictured it to be. I really really didn't know I had that many readers, but if you could just carry on bearing with my rants and occasionally logically conflicting opinions, I would still appreciate whatever you didn't have to say. 

There I go again.

I've had a couple of things bugging me on my mind lately and I just felt like throwing them out here. 

1. How much a person tends to change over a short period of time depending on the amount and severity of the circumstances that affect and befall him.

If you'd ask me last year what I really wanted out of life, I swear; I would've said that I'd love to see as many things, experience as many emotions and live. But if you'd ask me that today; I could give you an even more specific answer to that. I'd really like to know my purpose. I mean, we're all existing for a reason right? And I'm pretty damn sure that I'm not just around to annoy the hell out of my siblings with my endless politically correct nagging. I'd really like to know why of all people, me? Why am I where I am and not somewhere else? What the hell am I doing? What the hell am I supposed to do? What the heck am I waiting for? 

I can't answer myself now. I'm willing to assume that many people haven't found that answer yet either. We've just been looking in the wrong place. 

2. What good friends and close friends really are.

I honestly haven't been such a 'good' friend. Due to college and other commitments, I don't seem to have much time to 'chat' so much anymore. Maybe I'm outgrowing that phase where chatboxes and Skype played an important role in keeping in constant touch. But I've grown to realize that good friends and close friends are two different things. 

I'm not a very expressive person - physically and emotionally - up-close at least. I hate hate hate being read. It's like a curse. The number of my close friends are meagre, but that doesn't matter, does it? It seems however; as ironic as it will sound, it's true. Or maybe in my opinion only.

I'm in constant contact with my good friends, almost all the time. We see each almost every other day; we talk about the petty issues in life. And when we get home, we Skype; Whatsapp and Facebook whatever each other. Maybe it's for school-work or just casual chit-chat...but we're still stuck at being just good friends.

And then there's close friends. People, whom even though you're separated by time and distance; so much so that the most you can talk to that person is once or twice a month or *coughs* once in two months, you know they'll still be there; just waiting for something to happen before they tell you. They're the ones who point you to the 'good stuff'; not just filling you in on the trivial pursuits of life. 

Finally, 3. How perceptions are distorted on the internet

Just because a person is active on Facebook, doesn't mean they 'have a happening life'. Just because a person gets many likes on their statuses or pictures; it really doesn't mean that they're all that likeable in real life. The internet has distorted many things about us. Frankly, perceptions are meant to be liberal; but it's gone to the point of being excessively offensive, to almost all parties. 

I have to be honest and say that I disagree with how people post up all these statuses. I mean seriously, do you think everyone really wants to know how you're feeling right now? Nope, seen and honestly couldn't care. I might sound harsh; but really, save it for someone who does care - because you're saving yourself a lot of negative attention. 


No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014