Friday, May 25, 2012

The Severity of Being Severe

Friday, May 25, 2012




Would I be too conceited if I said I don't think I'm shallow. At least, not all the time, but that doesn't mean I am not.

Let's face it, as much as we claim to 'hate' shallow things, we are, to a certain extent of ourselves, shallow. Even if we don't like mainstream music, have a problem with humanity rights and are straight advocates of independence, identity and liberalism; don't we make small talk with others? About the weather, music, a recent movie and/or gush about what we think of a guy, something someone else wore and how shitty we feel on a beautiful day. Doesn't that make us shallow as well?

Well, it does. To a definite extent, we all have 'shallow' in ourselves, some just have more depth to their shallowness. We can't please everyone, so even if we're full of amazing crap we need to get off our chest, someone else is going to think we're shallow. We can't go around pouring the contents of our tormented souls to people we don't know, and frankly who honestly don't give two hoots about us. 


No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014