Friday, May 1, 2015

melissa mccracken.

Friday, May 1, 2015

I came across this artist who suffers from a very unique neurological setting called “synesthesia”. Now, I’ve never heard of synesthesia, but when I took one look at Melissa McCracken’s work, I wanted to know more about it.

Basically, synesthetes see the world very differently from the rest of us – they see numbers, alphabets in colors. One stimulation evokes another sensation, they even see colors when they hear music.


So when Melissa McCracken decided to paint what she heard, the results were nonetheless phenomenal and breathtaking to behold. 


Lucky by Radiohead

Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix

Image source: melissamccracken.com

Melissa has a portfolio full of her work on her website and she takes commissions as well.

I do have to say that my favorite piece of hers is Lucky, simply because the splash of colours incorporated seems otherworldly.  

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014