Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday, March 27, 2014
She once told me, "It's not always going to be about fun and games. One day, you'll have to grow up too." Back then, I just let it slip a lot, under the pretense that 'I'm young, let me live a little'. Frankly, how many times will I have to pull that line on myself before I get old? I don't know. 

There have been many instances where I wished I could do a lot of things and be in a lot of places, or just simply wishing for time to pass. If I were to think back now, things that I held dear back then don't even mean a blip at the moment. In this instance, it's just me against the world; I know I'm not alone, but I feel like it's a walk to be taken alone. No one can walk it for you. 

When I weigh the consequences before acting upon anything, I often question myself to why I find the things I do at the moment important. 

No, it's not always about fun and games. 

Because it's time to grow up now. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014