Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday, February 12, 2014
There's this conceptualized thinking of Valentines Day being for lovers. I've never understood the man's eagerness to participate in that bout of commercialism. Does it make them feel better to be part of the greater majority? Why roses and not poesies? Why chocolates and not burgers? 

I'm not anti-Valentines, not at all. In fact, I'd be mighty happy if someone did something romantic for me. It's just to put it quite simply, I don't understand why Valentines isn't something to commemorate friendship instead? Doesn't that mean so much more? 

And I hate to admit that I finally understand what people mean when they say "take the long and safe road", it saves you a lot of hurt. I didn't expect it to be so hard or painful. But I guess mistakes come in the worst types of pains unimaginable. 

There are a lot of things that can go wrong no matter how hard you try to hold on to it. Sometimes, one just has to realize that it takes more than effort - that it takes two to clap. 

Let's just take this period of 3 days leading up to one of the world's most celebrated festivals to reflect over the fact that people who want to stay in your life, will stay. 

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014