Clare Caulfield, Flatiron Building, New York (hand-painted screenprint) - via ache
Such a charming day for adorable mistakes and rustic changes.
For the first time in my entire college history, I decided to sleep in. I've never once skipped a class and I decided, "Hey! Since I slaved all night (albeit thanks for procrastination) finishing up my assignment, I might as well just reward myself a little and sleep in that couple hours extra.
Boy, the minute I opened my eyes this morning, I was greeted by the morning's ritual tsunami of messages on my phone. Attending to each one of them with a feeling of panic escalating higher with each message I read, I figured, "Screw panicking, it's time for breakfast." And for the first time in many weeks, I sat down and slowly chewed through a hearty brunch.
Left with an hour to get all my research done for an upcoming debate and less than 10 minutes to shower AND look presentable, I'm surprised I managed to look decent when I left the hour 30 minutes before class was about to start.
And so I was in a hurry. All day, throughout the day, before class, after class and even now. I'm in a hurry to get things done. And they seem like they'll never stop coming. So I shouldn't be in a hurry, right? I should just adopt the "come what may" attitude and smile a prissy smile at everyone who asks, "Are you alright?".
Of course I'm alright. Finals are in a bloody week. No more procrastinating, my head hurts just thinking about all the studying I have to do. And we have two major presentations and a test this week. When will it end?
+-+via+ache.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment