So much has happened in the past close-to 2 month hiatus I have been on. I have learnt and I lived. Life has been impeccably enjoyable and bittersweet the past couple of months. And when it comes to the experiences one lives through, it ought to be recounted upon with a fresh sense of ease and open-mindedness.
My soul yearns to travel. And I have soothed it in a few ways by making a few trips forth and yonder; trying out new things that I hadn't been able to do before. I wanted to be able to do so much more and I realize that it's not about going the entire distance in such a short span of time; but it's over a long period of time. It's about patience and perseverance.
Now that the semester has started up and I'm in a new place; my third time this year, I find myself picking up some old pieces, sort-of starting over. Not trying to be a new person, but changing into one.
I intend to make the most of the last couple of months of my teen years. There's an anguish embitterment in turning into twenty; stuck somewhere between approaching adulthood as well as having closed the book upon teenager-y.
While my holiday was mostly productively spent settling applications to university, tackling the impending battle of government-enforced surveys (if not, one cannot graduate). I also enjoyed devouring books and Wes Andersen's films. So I would think I spent my holiday rather artistically refined, feasting off literature and independent art films.
But now, it's time to get back to the bitter reality of the life of a student. Maybe life isn't as exciting as it will be in the months to come just yet; but I can feel that it'll peak sooner of later.
No comments:
Post a Comment