Wow 600 posts. Who am I even kidding?
With plenty on my plate at the moment, I've found myself transformed into the second most studious I have been in all 19 years of my life. With the big two-oh just round the corner, it feels like a new step in advance as I step out of the doorway of my teens. In fact, the transition isn't even going to be anything short of big.
The week having flown by in the blink of an eye, I just feel like time is passing too quickly these days. How September-December have these kind of accelerated paces. All the studying and working hard better pay off.
And I just thought about something while I was doing some extra reading this afternoon. Why do we bother to work so hard?
It's rather simple: we want to achieve the finer things in life.
And what are these "finer things in life"?
I guess it would differ from person to person. I have never been the type of person who wants more than I should have. There's no need for glam, for it's ultimately all a sham. No need for bling or 5-star things. Why? I don't deserve it and neither do I want it. Simply because it doesn't matter.
So when it comes to materialism, I'm obviously the wrong person to be talking to.
No comments:
Post a Comment