It's been so long. And now I'm back for good. With technology at the tip of my disposal. It feels good. It would also do me good to remember not to take it for granted.
So I've just been struck with an array of thoughts.
1. How fleeting life is. Where do we go next?
Over the course of my lifetime, the incident last night will forever remain an etched memory in my heart. Not for what it was, but for what it signified and the pain shared. I've never understood or have been made to go through any experience. So when something like that happened, I just zoned out and life took a turn on its own. When faced with the prospect of death, one tends to question everything about their life. From the sole quintessence of their existence to the very purpose they are living for. It still haunts me. Am I wasting my life and defiling my purpose? Or am I really leading a productive life that I'm so inclined to think I am. Am I making the right choices doing what I do, being who I am?
It's just one of those days where weariness doesn't even come close to saving you the pain of analysing your every breath.
2. It stings when you're put in second place.
Nobody likes to feel that they're neglected. Sometimes one does it unintentionally. Other times, it's just taking it for granted. In my case, it's both. The passive aggressive side of me won't allow it. I'm fucking furious and hurt. But I shouldn't allow it to bite at me. Because I realize two things that - i. no man is worth your tears and ii. Nobody is irreplaceable.
3. You lose her with empty words and empty promises.
She'll remember. Women always remember. The bulk of us have this innate ability to hold grudges. Sometimes this makes us bitter; other times it makes us stronger, keeps us focused on the goal that we've been driven to achieve.
4. You'll know when it's not worth it. And you'll let go.
Why? Because there's simply no point in holding on. Let's never mistake strength for pride, firmness for stubbornness and reluctance for laziness.
No comments:
Post a Comment