How is it only a week into the year and I already feel as if I've seen and felt so much?
Firstly, there are many things I'd like to write about. It's naturally in my nature to want to talk about things; but I'm beginning to realize that it's not natural of me to want to share it. Somehow, the incidents that have already taken place just 7 days after we ushered in the new year has me questioning my 19th year as a year of utmost important lessons and potentially the year of making the most mistakes.
i. I've already started my internship and what I've seen to date will probably get tongues wagging and eyes bulging. I kid you not. It's definitely a good experience to work in the events industry. I hope to shed my timid and reclusive ways. At the same time, I also hope to adopt a more individual character rather than that of a manufactured one. Perhaps less is more and more is less here. But so far, what I've had to encounter at work has been eye-opening and made me thankful for so many small blessings we have.
So cheers to many more late nights, long hours, odd times, queer people, fun surprises and work obligations.
ii. The second half of 2013 was pretty dull for me. I went through by far the most phases I've ever had to get accustomed to and that was probably the most daunting part of my life - to go through it feeling alone and misunderstood. But I'm out of that and the end of 2013 saw some of the most unexpected incidences happening to me. Albeit not all of them were pleasant, but for those that were; I'm thankful.
Now that we're in a different year, it'll take some time to get adjusting to.
But to sum up my fist week; I spent staring wide-eyed at most of the things that pass me by, and I feel like a naivete.
No comments:
Post a Comment