Monday, November 25, 2019

Monday, November 25, 2019
They are all around, happy and joyful for me. "I'm so glad you're happy." "I'm so happy for you." "I can't wait to meet him."

The topic shifts to life experiences. Change factors, "how do you know he's the one".

"My boyfriend is my best friend, I don't think I trust anybody than I do him".

I don't say a word. I can't. How does one tell anyone that their boyfriend isn't one's best friend, isn't her go-to and neither does she trust him.

You have to start somewhere, you remind yourself. But how? Each time you make up your mind to move past it - you find yourself reminded of what you choose to forget.

A lifelong connection you cannot outrun from. A stain on his past, but one that follows you like an inherited ghost. Simply because he chose to keep them in his life.

And as a result, you cannot truly heal. For you, healing is acceptance. For you, healing is moving on and letting go - of utmost importance. And you know, if he has to go, he has to go.

No comments:

Intrinsic Ponderings © 2014