
via: r-ideout
source:weheartit
One
week.
8
days later and it’s felt like an eternity.
Things
have a funny way of turning out.
Amidst
the grief and pounding heartbreak that I’ve had to wade my way through alone, I’ve
found countless other things to occupy myself and fill my time with.
From
digging all over the internet for music worth listening to, lyrics worth
freaking out over; reading anything and everything that I can get my hands on; watching
movies; familiarizing myself with conceptual art and thought-provoking poetry.
Experimenting with writing, photography and everything there is.
I’ve
spent more time with my family; from simply running errands to hours-long
conversations over brunch. I’ve spent more time at home and picking up on
things that I’ve neglected while I was busy juggling everything over the past
year. I learnt to sit down in the dreadful silence, face up the most dreadful
and saddest of moments by acknowledging the end of something and allowing the
beginning of something else to come under way.
More
than not, I sat down and made plans. Plans for myself, for my future – the
things I want to do that I haven’t yet done.
I’ve
considered everything from travelling, to working part-time, to volunteering,
to getting more involved in sports and recreational activities. And truth be
told, there’s nothing holding me back from indulging myself in them.
I’ve
wanted beach days, highland drives, hiking trips and foodie adventures for oh-so-long.
And I’ve stopped depending on others, I’ve got myself to count on.
This
incident has taught me how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many people who
care and are actually there. I realize, it’s not about the quantity of your
friends; but how many you are close to. And I can safely say that I have many
close friends.
Ultimately,
I know I will continue to find happiness in myself. I have to be happy on my
own.
At
the end of the day, it has struck me. 8 days alone is better than 10 months
with a stranger.
No comments:
Post a Comment