Beach, balloons, rainbow-tinted beach balls, packed chocolates, hours in a car, crumpled notes, smeared sketches, loose ear-phones, lone playlist, stained glass, take-away coffee, scruffy shoe-laces, chipped nail polish, hot sand, sparkling salt water, warm baths, clicking cameras, guitar-sessions, sneaky glances, smug smiles and secret nods, co-ed games, chatter of youth, blistering colours of bright foreign fashion.
Oh, for lack of a better word, 'camp' couldn't have been any more un-appropriate.
Coffee in tall tumblers, reading scripts, manuscripts and chartered ambitions, arranging polaroids, wiping vintage leather, picking at loose threads, folding chairs, expandable hair bands, coloured doughnuts, waffles, chocolate-chipped banana cakes, decorated containers.
Tokyo, I want you so bad. I'd love to witness the Chichibu Yo Matsuri one day, cultural, beautiful and full of lights.
Anyway, this week if full of meeting people, settling outstanding catch-up dates, packing, cleaning, and more packing. I'll be heading to the beach on Thursday for a super long weekend. Next week will be filled with more packing, checking out colleges, more intimate affairs with friends and films. And more packing.
I need to curb my addiction to caffeine.
Bangkok, here I come.
Shit. I just realized I've hardly enough time to settle all I've meant to do this holiday. It's every holiday's mistake - a lack of time. For the love of God, I'll be spending so much time packing, unpacking, re-packing, having a dishevelled and disoriented look on my face most of this month. Thought of heading to Singapore, but realized once again that there's no time to squeeze that in between Bangkok and Australia. And with Christmas and family gatherings all oriented in its paths, I just remembered I have another stack of Economics, theory and Chinese to read through.
God bless the holidays. And everyone who feels they need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment