As people tend to say it, "Good things come and go" (like bad things).
Like the life of a university student, it won't last forever. Those deadlines will one day be replaced by deadlines that are likened to putting your necks on the line. I will appreciate my last few years as a university student.
Waking up in the mornings with sleep still etched into central parts of your eyes, stumbling (literally) into the kitchen and trying to fix something quick for an on-the-go meal. Parking in uni is a common nightmare shared by many students. The early bird gets the worm, that's how it always is.
Morning traffic sees me uttering a prayer along the way. 15 minutes is usually never enough. On good days, I get a comfortable spot; on not so good days, I get an awkward spot. But all days are okay days. Then comes the 15 minutes of cardio that accompanies my classes. As if 8am classes aren't enough, right? 15 minutes of alert walking, surreptitious glancing over shoulders and running (which hasn't occurred just yet) til I get to the "safe zone".
The adrenaline wears off once you hit your building and you're breathing immensely heavily when you enter your classroom. Be it an interesting or boring class, you'll never feel that 8am classes are worth waking up to, except on Fridays - because 9.30am is a great way to end the academic week. Yayyy! (Unfortunately), I find myself having a purposeless class at 2.30pm.
So while I whine and complain about how my uni schedule has played out, I must also note that this is nothing compared to how it will be. Walking in Malaysian heat is still something I find along the lines of "whatever-ngehhhhh", but I must be grateful that it isn't raining cats and dogs and my car isn't submerged in the torrential rain puddles.
Good, good. My weekend is just beginning, but the workload is also just starting. Yeeeeha.
Have a great weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment