
Image from Google.
Pray for Japan.
This is the horror of the world reknown.
When I was younger, I used to wish I’d live forever. My cousins and I would play games where our comparatives would get so extreme they extended to ‘longer than you’, ‘forever’ and ‘infinity’. We were young, naïve and simple, everything was going the way we thought it should. Now, I still like the way it is. Only, I’m not sure anymore if I’d ever get to see my children grow up, yet alone live forever.
Today, when I got wind of the tsunami in Japan, I hurt so much. I felt so bad and so helpless, snuggled here in my complacency. I regretted every whine I ever let escape and reflect on my own fortune. Thinking of people who lost their loved ones just robs you of every carnal thought one can have. One minute they’re there, suddenly the next, they’re gone. And there’s no one else who can replace them. So don’t we, ever get cozy in our current state now, for one day; the tables might turn on us.
I’ve always thought it’d be amazing for humans to be emotionless, or lacking in feeling somehow. That way, we’d never ever get hurt or have to feel pain. Somehow, feelings always get in the way; either good or bad. It just makes the world so much more dramatic to move around in. Yet, despite having existed for sixteen years, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to feeling pain.
I’m going to appreciate now, and then bawl my eyes out. Today’s the worst day ever.
Babe, I'm here when and if you need me. So please ask.
No comments:
Post a Comment